No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Nova VENTUS Harness
The VENTUS has a foam protector with a particularly small packing volume (between 18 and 20 cm, size M) which covers all the lumbar vertebrae and protects the pilot from the moment they put it on. Despite its compressibility, the protector does not lose its impact-absorbing properties even after years of use. A protector made by the German firm SAS-TEC is additionally fitted in the upper back area. In the case of an impact, this distributes the pressure of hard objects, such as stones or objects in the storage compartment, over a larger area. This reduces the risk of severe back injuries.
the VENTUS has an ergonomically optimised parachute container and we tested deployment in a multitude of directions. The EN standard for harnesses only stipulates that the release force for the parachute must be between 2 and 7 daN – testing deployment in different directions is not required. Additionally, this functionality was tested with significant forces on the G-Force Trainer. In an emergency the parachute may be deployed in any flying position and even with high g-forces, it will deploy reliably.
Clever details for more comfort.
The storage compartment has space for a drinking bladder and a channel for the drinking tube on the shoulder straps. This means the pilot can easily stay hydrated even on long flights. The auto-lock zip ensures that the storage compartment cannot accidentally open in flight, even if it was not completely closed before launch. The radio pocket that is included as standard can be fixed to the shoulder strap in two positions. Additional zipped side-pockets offer space for a mobile phone, camera, first-aid kit, etc.
Well-thought-out components make this harness simple for beginners and will equally enthuse experienced pilots. The colour-coding featured on the PRION and IBEX risers is replicated on the VENTUS. The main hang-points and buckles are green on the right side and red on the left side. Adjusting the seat angle, the shoulder straps and the chest strap is possible in flight – not just on the ground!
Enjoyment of flight.
The hang-point height was optimised so that all sizes of the VENTUS are pleasant and stable to fly. Thanks to the honeycomb seat plate and the well-thought-out seat geometry, it responds very well to weight-shift and provides direct feedback even during dynamic manoeuvres. Additionally, the protector made by the German firm SAS-TEC provides excellent back support. The soft backrest made from Air Mesh, in combination with the central ventilation strip, rounds off the seat comfort. With the VENTUS, long flights are relaxed and comfortable.
A summary of the most important points
- Three sizes: sizes S and L were specifically designed for small and large pilots. This means that the VENTUS covers a wide size range.
- parachute deployment was tested even with high g-forces
- deployment was tested in multiple directions
- clever details, innovative materials and an unusual design
- T-Lock buckles: the fall arrest system can save lives if the leg loop buckles have not been closed
- SAS-TEC protector at the upper back: the protector made from viscoelastic soft foam was first used in motorcycling and skiing. It is very light and guarantees excellent support and pressure distribution in the back area.
- leg loops offer maximum freedom of movement on the ground, for example during take off and groundhandling
- light, compressible foam protector – perfect for easy transport
- colour-coded buckles for intuitive operation on take-off
- extensive adjustment options on the ground and in flight
- chest strap buckle includes a whistle to attract attention
- carabiner and speed-system are pre-assembled
|Maximum clip-in weight
|120 kg (LTF)
|Energy absorption value
|Outer & inner shell
|Main and shoulder straps
|NOVA Special EDELRID Alias 2 Karabiner
|Aluminum buckles, T-Lock-System
|Foam Protector, SAS-TEC Protector