No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Skybean Strato Advanced Variometer
Skybean Strato Advanced Variometer has now stable software To clear your doubts – we offer 60 days full money back guarantee
Here is list of current functions, not future ones:
- vario – speaker sound, analog – bar, digital – number, average vario, barometric altimeter
- GPS – IGC tracklogs, ground speed, heading, glide ratio, GPS altimeter, altitude above ground
- wind – speed and direction calculated from circling
- FANET & FLARM radar
- color map – terrain, roads, villages, cables
- airspaces – now just shown in map, not yet warning
- thermal – circling assistant, thermal gain, thermal trace
- Bluetooth sound – Strato can be your Bluetooth speaker for music
- other – battery level, G-meter, odometer, actual time, flight time, direction and distance to takeoff place, altitude graph
Other cool WiFi functions, what has Strato as the first vario ever. Works on PC as well as mobile phone. Via hotspot or local WiFi network.
- over-the-air updates, automatic new update check – don’t need cable for data transfer anymore
- IGC download – you can download IGC files directly to your phone just after landing
- GNSS simulator – you can select on map where you would like to see Strato flying map or airspaces
- vario sound editor – you can set your preferred vario sound and listen it directly from Strato in real time
So many new cool features and ideas, which we are no longer able to fit into our little cute SkyDrop, have challenged us to go for something new and advanced. We put the brains and skills together and voilá – here it is, high-end fly computer Strato.
For the size of an average middle class vario equipped with high-end functions! Strato has a sunlight readable 3” transflective color display. It weighs just 180 grams with a solid battery life of 20 hours. Strato fits your cockpit in a vertical position, so it leaves a lot of space for radio, phone or other gadgets.
Do you remember that strange feeling when you accidentally got sucked into cloud on your favourite XC highway during the “hammertag”? FLARM transmitter will notify glider pilots, keeping you from being smashed like a bug on the windshield, while the FANET transceiver will keep you aware about other paragliding pilots in proximity. Strato will also warn you about possible airspace violation and collision with power or lift lines.
Strato is equipped with the high quality sensors from market leading Swiss manufacturers. High performance GNSS receiver from u-blox supporting GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou. Best in class barometer from MEAS Switzerland, with motion sensors provide instant vario response.
Annoyed by that typical tamagotchi beeping? Soft and precise vario tones from high quality speaker will help you effectively to climb to the cloudbase. Then enjoy your favourite music played from phone through bluetooth, during the glide. If you find unprotected speaker weak solution, watch this video 😉
Connect to your favorite XC app via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or directly with USB cable. Strato is connected via Wi-Fi to your phone or home network for automatic tracklogs upload. Maps, terrain and airspace data are always up-to-date without need for a computer.
Strato has two USB-C ports, so in the air, energy can flow from the power bank through Strato to the phone with simultaneous data tethering. Quick Charge technology is able to provide huge amounts of energy for faster charging, an hour while driving to takeoff is enough.
Strato customizability will surpass his smaller brother SkyDrop. You will be able to use profiles for XC, competition, PPG or local soaring and change almost anything to your personal preferences. Choose from a large amount of widgets and place it across multiple pages.
After Flight Hangout
Use strato as a music player or bluetooth speaker. Integrated torch light will help you find your way back to your tent. As a bonus Strato can also work as a powerbank for your smartphone.
As all our devices, Strato is also an open-source product, built on the popular platform STM32 as the main processor and ESP32 as the multimedia co-processor. If you are interested to participate, code and schematics hosted on github
- weight 180 g
- dimensions 138 x 58 x 24 mm
- battery 5000 mAh, 20 h fly time
- memory 32 Gb
- vario – analog/digital/average, acoustic signalization, graph history
- instant vario response
- flight logs – IGC accepted for FAI Category 1 competitions, CSV
- GNSS(GPS, GloNass, Galileo) – ground speed, altitude, heading, glide ratio
- altimeters – 2 adjustable altimeters
- auto take off and landing detection
- wind speed and direction
- FANET and FLARM beacon
- detailed color map
- airspace violation audio warning with graphical representation
- bluetooth audio transmission through integrated high quality speaker
- flightbook with statistics
- android connectivity – XCTrack, FlyMe, XCSoar, LK8000, TopHat, Sky Land Tracker, Paragliding Dashboard
- iOS connectivity – FlySkyHy, SkyLogger, SkyLogger XXL
- fully customizable – multiple screens with configurable layouts and widgets
- height above ground level (AGL)
- thermal assistant
- Digital compass
- bearing and distance from take-off
- real time clock
- Measurement Specialties – MS5803 barometer
- u-blox – NEO-M8Q GNSS receiver
- SKYTRAXX – FLARM/FANET+ Modul
- ST – LSM9DS1 IMU
- Espressif – ES1ESP32 WiFi/Bluetooth module and audio coprocessor
- ST – STM32H7A MCU
- ask for more if you are interested 🙂
- Strato variometer
- velcro adhesive hooks&loops
- protective pocket
- USB-C to USB-A and USB-C to USB-C cable
- 18W dual port wall charger
- quick user guide