Nova Bion 2
Standard Colours: Blue; Mokka; Gold
- The BION 2 has only three line areas. This reduces drag and simplifies line sorting.
- The risers have also benefited from eliminating the fourth line area. They are lighter, easier to handle and this makes inflating the canopy simpler.
- The undersurface of the BION 2 is made from lightweight material, the weight of the risers has been reduced and the internal wing construction has been optimised. In comparison to the BION 1, this is a weight reduction of 700 grams, whilst retaining the same durability.
- The new profile demonstrates excellent thermalling characteristics when the trimmers are closed. With the trimmers open, the BION 2 offers unusually high speed with excellent glide performance.
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- NOVA Rucksack. The wing and harness will determine the size of the rucksack. Nova is offering their high quality and comfortable to carry models in size S (110 litres), M (145 litres) and L (165 litres).
- Repair kit. Everyone hopes it will never happen: a hole or tear in the paraglider. Nova has included a minor damage repair kit in the right colour for such an eventuality.
- NOVA windsock. So you know where the wind is coming from, Nova has added a NOVA windsock. With a length of approximately 80cm, it is large enough for a take-off site.
- Manual. Nova has enclosed a very detailed manual which contains everything you need to know about your paraglider. Please study it before flying your wing for the first time.
Flat profile nose. Anyone who tries to fold a piece of paper around a ball will notice that there are always creases. The nose profile of a paraglider is the same – the sail cloth has to adjust to both the profile and ballooning effect (cells are round, not straight). Double 3D Shaping uses additional seams to reduce creasing and therefore increases the performance of the wing.
Optimised cell widths. Smart Cells counteract the variable force distribution within the wing that are caused by the line attachments. In NOVA paragliders constructed using SmartCells, the cell widths have been adapted to the load – basically, intelligent cells. Wings with SmartCells fly more calmly, are more compact and glide better.
Comfort on the ground. All NOVA paragliders are made to be easy to use. For packing, you can use a concertina bag, but it is not essential. Their extensive experience with rods has taught them that the packing method has little influence on the durability of the wing. Bent rods quickly spring back into their original shape.
Less is more. Nova’s idea of a three-liner with a reduced amount of line length allows us to construct wings with very good performance and a high degree of passive safety. The way Nova has conceptualised the lines has made it possible to manufacture wings which are collapse resistant; but when they do collapse, the collapsed area is generally less extensive. This significantly improves the wing’s extreme flight behaviour.
More compact. The aspect ratio of a glider is not the only factor in passive safety, but still a very important one. A high aspect ratio favours cravats after asymmetric collapses generally shortens brake travel and normally makes wings more difficult to fly. Nova’s analytical tools permit Nova to build performance wings even with a low or moderate aspect ratio.
Light and durable. Paragliders in the Weight-optimised category are lighter than conventional paragliders – but offer the same mechanical stability and durability. These wings are lighter to carry, easier to launch and are therefore suitable for hike & fly. Weight-optimised is aimed at pilots who appreciate lightweight without compromising on durability.