No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Advance PI BI Paraglider
PI BI – Family Affair
Light, fully-fledged and small when packed: many have been waiting for this tandem wing for Hike and Fly with friends and family. Now it’s here! The PI BI in one 37 m2 size weighs only 4.8 kg and has a takeoff weight range from 100 to 180 kg. This ADVANCE Light Tandem merges PI philosophy with the popular flying qualities of the BIBETA 6.
Special: It’s not just the weight and volume; even the handling and agility of the light tandem remind one of a solo wing. The PI BI has three risers and trims, like the BIBETA 6, and is fitted with robust Edelrid Aramid lines. PI BI – dynamic flying fun for two.
Despite its low weight and very small packed volume, similar to a solo wing, the PI BI is a fully-capable tandem wing with effective trims which give it a large speed range. This is made possible by a very compact build method and minimalist inner life. As well as the tandem certification the PI BI is also approved for solo flying.
- Weight: only 4.8 kg
- Minimalist inner life for weight reduction and maximum compactness
- BIBETA 6 takeoff and landing qualities
- Large speed range and effective trims
- Very small packed volume
- New, light tandem spreaders including integrated reserve connection
- Certified for Solo and Tandem use
- Line layout and load tested up to 200 kg
Advantages over single skins
- Higher safety and larger speed range with the double sail
- Very good flare behaviour when landing
- More flying fun and dynamic
- Substantially more performance
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
The PI BI is delivered with a pair of light spreaders with reserve connection lines (180 gm) and two FORAS carabiners (102 gm) as well as a COMPRESSBAG Light (150 gm).
The PI BI three level risers are weight optimized and weigh only 345 gm. They connect via Softlinks and are fitted with Low Friction brake rings.
Depending on how light and small a complete package is desired, the PI BI can be combined with various rucksack sizes.
ADVANCE recommend the following setups:
- COMFORTPACK 3, 115 ltr: PI BI + BI PRO 3 incl. protector + standard passenger harness
- COMFORTPACK 3, 100 ltr or LIGHTPACK 2, 90 ltr: PI BI + BI PRO 3 without protector + standard passenger harness
- EASINESS 2 rucksack* and PIPACK 2*: PI BI + BI PRO 3 without protector + EASINESS 2 for passenger
*PI BI in EASINESS 2, BI PRO 3 in PIPACK 2
The BI PRO 3 pilot harness goes especially well with the EASINESS 2 reversible harness for the passenger. The PI BI was tested and set up with it.