No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Supair Strike 2 BACK COUNTRY Harness
$1,350.00 – $1,480.00
Supair Strike 2 BACK COUNTRY / BC Competition And Hike & Fly Harness
Lightness, precision and safety are the key words of the STRIKE 2. It is the worthy heir to our long experience in hike and flight harnesses, especially in competition. The STRIKE 2 is the result of our STRIKE X Alps 2019 and has the same main features as our STRIKE 1.
- Sizes : S / M / L / XL
- Weight : 2400 g in Medium size(Great comfort mode, as delivered)
- Colour : Black
- PRECISION: INTUITIVE AND PRECISE STEERING
- SAFETY: TWO LOCKING POINTS. MINI SEAT PLATE. CERTIFIED EN 1651
Compared to the STRIKE 1, it is more ergonomic, more comfortable and more flexible thanks in particular to an inflatable protection ( option ). It is designed for competition and leisure hike and fly pilots. It can also be the main harness for cross country pilots looking for lightness.
Ease of installation and safety with the closing of the harness on the two attachment points of the glider. The harness opens completely and closing is done directly on the carabiners without any other buckle and on only two points.
The new geometry allows better transmission from the wing to the pilot, thin and sensitive, adjustable by the chest strap.
The comfort is complete with a removable comfort plate, and a geometry of the speedbag attachments that allows a natural and effortless position of the legs.
As an option, a new certified inflatable protection saves weight (65g) and especially the volume carried in the bag. Ideal for competitive hike and fly.
For landings in mountains or in turbulence, the harness can be piloted seated, legs bent, it remains manoeuvrable and comfortable.
On take-off, the run is easy (light harness with leg straps), the seated passage and the installation in the speedbag are obvious.
In flight, the adjustments and geometry of the harness allow adaptations to the morphology and flight positions of each pilot.
The STRIKE 2 has been designed to be flown with dyneema connectors as well. This lightens the material and makes the leg straps fixed as for the X-Alps harness. You will then have to put on the harness like a climbing harness. This is the “competition” mode.
- CONFIGURATION SELON VOS EXIGENCES :
- COMPETITION MODE : 1947 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
- In this mode, the wing is attached with the connects (option), the harness is put on through the two leg straps. The back protector is the inflatable BUMP (Option). The pilot does not use the removable comfort plate or the mini-seat plate.
- MODE LIGHT : 1998 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
- STANDARD MODE : 2220 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
- In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Plum Grivel carabiners. The back protection is the original foam version. The pilot does not use removable comfort plate
- GREAT COMFORT MODE: 2400 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
- In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Plum Grivel carabiners. The back protector is the original foam version. The pilot installs the the removable comfort plate for added comfort.
A – RESERVE PARACHUTE POCKET
B – STORAGE POCKET
C – BUMP
COMPARED TO STRIKE 1 :
- New closure system, without buckle, directly in the carabiners. No need to put on the right leg as on the STRIKE 1, while keeping the safety of the natural two-point closure. Only one point closed: the harness is secure.
- The Strike 2’s new geometry transmits information to the pilot better and gives a more precise handling than the Strike 1.
- The riser sheath of the parachute bag is fully integrated: the risers are in the sheath all the way into the bag.
- New geometry of the speedbag settings. The legs are supported in flight.
- New geometry of the harness allowing a more reclined flight position, with a center of gravity further back .
- The harness is more resistant: certified up to 120 kg instead of 100 kg . Reinforcements on the reserve parachute riser attachments.
- Sizes revised with addition of size XL. This allows pilots from 1m60 to 2m to be covered with precision and a good fit.
The STRIKE 2 is a very light harness. It has been reinforced compared to the STRIKE 1, however all uses outside the flight domain are liable to wear out the harness prematurely. SIVs are not recommended with this harness.
The STRIKE 2 is a harness intended for experienced pilots, and we do not recommend it as a first cocoon harness.
- Hike & Fly competition
- Upright to semi-reclined posture
- For skilled and advanced pilots
- Bumpair Strike 2
- Front mounted rescue container and riser parachute connections to the shoulders
- Auto-stable Split-Leg seat
- 2-point closure of the harness on the carabiners
- Grivel Plum carabiners
GEAR / COMFORT
- Removable confort plate
- Removable carbon fiber mini-seat plate
- Integrated speedbag
- Double stage light speed-bar/accelerator adapted to the Speedbag
- Speedbag footrests with carbon plate
- Instrument support on the top of the reserve parachute container
- Pre-equipped for hydration system
- 20 mm diameter Zelden pulleys.
- Dorsal storage pocket
- Speedbag lateral pocket
- Storage pocket under the front of the seat ( it is not advisable to use this pocket to receive a weight greater than 3 kilos )
- Pocket under the cockpit
- Shoulder straps adjustments
- Chest strap adjustments
- Backrest adjustments with additional lumbar support
- Speedbag length adjustments
- Speedbag inclination adjustments
- Nylon 210D Ripstop
- Nylon 40d
- Sangle Dyneema
- Norme LTF
- Norme EN
Pilot size (cm)
Pilot weight (mini – maxi) (kg)
50 – 80
60 – 85
70 – 110
Harness weight (great comfort mode) (g)
Back lenght (cm)
Back inclination adjustment (cm)
Seat length (cm)
Seat width (cm)
Carabiners height (cm)
Carabiners distance (cm)
Speedbag length (cm)
EN 1651 : 1999
EN 1651 : 1999
EN 1651 : 1999
EN 1651 : 1999
Reserve pocket maximum volum ( Litres)
The size of the STRIKE 2 has been revised, with the addition of size XL, certified up to 120 kg. This allows pilots from 1m60 to 2m to be covered with precision and a good fit.
Size M is larger than on STRIKE 1. Please refer to the size correspondence table, do not hesitate to contact us if in doubt.
This product is delivered with :
– Grivel Plum carabiners
– Mini carbon fiber seat plate
– Carbon fiber foot-plate for Speedbag SM/L XL
– Comfort plate
– Solo Dyneema risers
– Speed bar 2B LIGHT SPEEDBAG
– Repair kit
– User’s manual
OPTION : Inflatable BUMP / Connects dyneema