Skybean ChaseCam for GoPro Session 4/5
Frequently Bought Together
- Skydrop Variometer GPS - Bluetooth($245.00)
SkyBean ChaseCam for GoPro Session 4/5
SkyBean ChaseCam is a unique product that will allow you to capture an amazing video of your flight from an angle never seen before.
Therefore you can re-live your adventure from a perspective of an eagle following you throughout the entire flight.
As a result, the paragliding PPG Chasecam allows you to share your flying experience with friends and loved ones.
ChaseCam is designed to record awesome footage of your flights from third person view. It’s not an unique product anymore, but it is still an original one, the first of a kind using “shuttlecock” shape. Several clones, which have shown up recently, just proved that this is the right way of paragliding chasecam evolution.
- ChaseCam for GoPro can hold any of GoPro Hero Session 4/5 camera. You don’t need to use adhesive mount and risk line tangle between base plate and camera body. Camera is protected inside durable casing.
- Auto balance hanging system (applies to Hero 5 to 7) stabilize chasecam in perfect horizontal position in whole range of flight speed. You don’t need to labor which hanging point is the best for your setup.
- Bungee rope has system for quick adjustable length in wide range, so it is suitable for tandem wings as well as for speed glides.
- Flexible bungee rope not only makes footage from chasecam more smooth, it also works as security element. Rarely (every!) chasecam can tangle around wing lines, mostly after massive collapse. Fact, that bungee rope then won’t affect lines geometry due to its flexibility is not just comfortable feature, it is essential for your security!
- PPG pilots will also appreciate another advantage of flexible connection. During landing, when chasecam motion decelerates, bungee rope is getting shorter and therefore chasecam will avoid contact with revolving prop. Of course, properly set line length should be obvious.
- Another safety feature, particularly made for proximity speed and PPG flying, is little metal ring, which works as tension fuse. If pilot sharply turn around static obstacle, there is always possibility that chasecam can tangle or stuck there. Tension fuse will open and pilot can safely continue!
- We also took SkyBean to SIV and tested most of non standard situations, like a/symmetric collapses, spiral dives, wingovers and even fullstall. Once paraglider has forward speed, drag produced by chasecam will keep it in save distance.
Furthermore, we upgraded the design for maximum security of your GoPro Hero 3/4 action camera.
In addition, Skybean fixed the paragliding PPG Chasecam in the ChaseCam housing with the silicon band. The package includes a Silicon band.
IMPORTANT: never leave the silicone band wrap around the head without the camera. It will deform it.
Camera holder care
Skybean uses the newest available technology of 3D printing to produce the ChaseCam heads.
Prints are sensitive to heat and long-term pressure. Do not leave ChaseCam in hot/sunny places for a long time.
After a flight do not leave the camera inside and never leave the silicone band to wrap around the head.
Do not leave the product exposed to long-term pressure, therefore, do not leave the bungee rope wrapped around ChaseCam too tightly.
SkyBean ChaseCam Connection
First, the bungee rope connects the Skybean Chasecam to the canopy.
Due to the elasticity, the bungee rope will stretch only 13% during normal flight, what brings extra safety in case it is accidentally tangled up in the lines.
Please read the user guide on our support page.
SkyBean ChaseCam will capture many amazing adventures.
For that reason, to achieve the best possible stability and quality of a video, please follow all the instructions in the video below or/and in the user guide at our support page.
How to assemble the paragliding PPG Chasecam
You will receive a disassembled SkyBean ChaseCam. The assembly takes about 30 minutes.
To achieve the best possible stability and quality of a video, please follow all the instructions in the video below or/and in the user guide at our support page.
Finally, the SkyBean developed the ChaseCam especially with a focus on safety.
During normal flight
- First of all the paragliding, PPG Chasecam flies behind far enough with no adverse effect on the glider or flight speed.
- In addition, Skybean also tested SkyBean ChaseCam in non-standard flight situations. Because we know, as active pilots, what can happen in the air.
- When you activate your speed system or when you turn a spiral, the increased speed will produce more brake force and the bungee rope will be stretched more.
- Therefore the paragliding PPG Chasecam will go further away from the glider, and then the photo image takes in the entire canopy and pilot.
Paragliding PPG ChaseCam and maneuvers
- It’s possible that the paragliding PPG Chasecam will tangle if incorrectly exiting from a spiral, like during a big wing-over.
- When you enter or leave a strong thermal, you can see a little kick in the video. But don’t worry, the safety level is high.
- First, Small wing-overs bring the paragliding PPG Chasecam closer to the lines with nice video effect.
- In contrast really big wingovers can tangle the paragliding PPG Chasecam into the lines, but with no safety concern.
- As a result the photo image will temporarily face elsewhere.
- Similarly, during an asymmetrical collapse, dynamic or held, the glider is still moving forward.
- Therefore, the paragliding PPG Chasecam still produces a braking force.
- As a result, this maneuver won’t tangle the paragliding PPG Chasecam.
Dynamic frontal stall
- In addition, pilot usually recovers very quickly with some altitude lost from a dynamic frontal stall.
- Therefore this will ensure no adverse effect on the ChaseCam’s position from the glider.
- Finally, during a B-stall, the glider will lose its forward speed, and therefore the ChaseCam tangle with the lines, particularly if you pull it dynamically.
Included in the box
- Camera case (GoPro Hero 3/4 or GoPro Hero Session or GoPro Hero 5 Session)
- Silicon band for fixing the camera
- Bungee rope with clip for canopy connection
- Wings (ChaseCam body)
- Laces (ChaseCam body)
- Velcro (for harness launch)