ADVANCED MOTOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The Flymaster M1 turns any Flymaster flight instrument into an onboard motor management system for powered aircraft. Flymaster’s M1 gathers precise information from several sensors connected to the motor, records this data and send it wireless to Flymaster instruments.
CONTROL THE TEMPERATURE
Measure, and control, the cylinder head temperature and avoid over heating the engine.
MEASURE THE MOTOR SPEED
Using a simple wire around the spark plug cable the M1 can count the number of revolutions per minute of your motor.
NEVER LET YOUR TANK DRY
Using a (optional) fuel level sensor the M1 can measure the quantity of fuel in the tank. Based on this value the M1 can also calculate parameters like the average fuel consumption, or the remaining flight time.
The data collected by the M1 is sent wireless, and in real time, to any of the existing Flymaster instruments. This simplifies the installation and avoids all the problems related to wires.
REGISTER FLIGHT DATA
M1’s is capable of storing motor data that can be downloaded to a PC for later analysis. Using the gathered data the user can plan preventive maintenance and detect possible abnormalities in the motor.
MAIN HARDWARE CHARACTERSTICS
|Display Resolution||2*16 Charaters|
|Screen size (true viewing area)||66×16 mm|
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)||1750 mAh|
|Autonomy||> 30 hours|
|Temperature Sensor Resolution||1 ºC|
|Motor Speed Sensor Resolution||1 r.p.m.|
|Fuel Sensor Resolution Optional||1 cl|
|Size||115x50x24 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)|
|RF Interface||Allows the wireless connection to any flymaster instrument up to 10m distance|
|Native USB Connection||Allows connection to the PC to upload Motor Data|
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)|
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
- 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
- Altitude adjustment using QNH.
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
- 3 independent altimeters.
- 3D flight logger IGC format.
- Storage for >300000 track points.
- Up to 248 flights.
- 448 Waypoints.
- Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
- Display of restricted areas in map
- Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area
- Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area
- Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area
- Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …)
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance)
- Worldwide Airspace database (SD card required).
CROSS COUNTRY FEATURES
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
- Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
- Goto waypoint
- Multiple waypoint route
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations)
- Automatic altitude gain profiler
- McCready related values like speed to fly, next termal climb, etc. (available with the TASProbe)
- Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached)
- Several Glides Ratios (average, to next,…)
- Easy route definition
- Route Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points.
- Route Map (trace with thermal indication)
- Compatible with MacOSX (1.6 and higher), Windows (vista/7/8)